How Seal Coating Preserves Your Investment
- Reduces long term repair costs
- Accelerates melting of snow and ice on pavement surface
- Protects your pavement from oxidation, oil, and chemical spills
- Protects against water penetration, rain, frost, and snow damage
- Enhances the appearance of your building and landscape
- Prolongs pavement life, safeguarding your investment
Asphalt pavement is primarily rock and/or stone and gravel, along with a binder. The rock, or aggregate, is held together with this binder also known as asphalt cement.
Maintaining this binder is essential in prolonging the deterioration of asphalt surfaces. Rain, U.V. rays, and chemicals, as they are introduced into the asphalt, will degrade the binder and thus begin the deterioration process of the asphalt.
This will continue and create a surface that turns brittle, loses surface rock, and can become rough over time. To ensure that your asphalt is preserved, it is important to implement a maintenance program that utilizes seal coating to extend the life of your parking lot or driveway.